6 Ways to get Unstuck and Out of Your Own Way
Do you ever feel like you’re completely stuck and you have no idea how to move forward? People will say it’s all in your head and so what if it is, it doesn’t change how you feel inside. It feels like your hands and feet are tied and there’s nothing that you can do to move forward, to move past that concrete wall or escape that dark small room of your mind. You know that the reason you’re feeling this way is because of you (your thoughts, your actions, etc.)--- you admit it, but yet you can’t seem to shift directions and into a new perspective. You feel like you’ve done everything and you can’t understand why things are just not “clicking” for you.
I know how you feel, that’s why it was so important to me to write this post for you. I want to help you move forward beyond perceived limitations and into your highest truth because you are here for a reason--- the world ABSOLUTELY needs you and what you have to offer (your unique talents and gifts). Your higher self has been patiently waiting for you to embody your fullest authenticity, to do what brings your incredible joy and excitement and to lead a purposeful and prosperous life. So how can you begin to do this? How can you feel less stuck and in more alignment?
1. Declutter Your Space- Notice your surroundings. What around you is no longer serving you? Do you have old receipts from 2012 just “in case”? A stack of books that you’ll probably never read? Maybe it’s something entirely different. Just take a moment to truly observe your surroundings and identify what is no longer serving you. Throw things out, donate them or give them to a friend. Clear space for things that will serve you.
I formulated a series of questions for myself, for this process when I’ve had difficulty letting things go. I would ask myself “What purpose does it serve?”, “When will I actually ever use it”, “Am I ever really going to read that book?” and then going into the thoughts “This could probably serve someone else better than it’s serving me” and “If I really need it--- If I really miss it, I could always go and get another one”.
2. Declutter Your Mind - Decluttering isn’t just about clearing your space, but your mind, your tasks, your “obligations”, old habits and beliefs, anything that isn’t serving you mentally, emotionally, spiritually, the whole sha-bang.
Some things you can do to declutter your mind are:
Morning Pages – where you write three pages of anything on your mind or anything that rises as soon as you get up in the morning (this actually has many incredible benefits) and you can read more about it here or to Write it all out - Write down EVERYTHING on your mind out on paper until you know in your heart that everything that needed to come up, came up and you feel complete. However long it takes you is okay. Whatever works for you--- is perfect.
And if you’re at a point in your life where you’re really serious about clearing space and want to go even deeper with the decluttering process, I have a good friend who offers a 30-Day Course called Clear the Clutter & Create Abundance (I am one of her students, so I can tell you for certain that she’s a good-hearted teacher and knows her shit---trust me). You can read more here and if you’re interested, you can contact her on Facebook.
3. Emotional Freedom Technique – I am a faithful EFT Tapper and I will probably mention this on a lot of my posts because it seriously works for everything. I’d go as far as to say that it’s a miracle tool (for me at least). If you’d like to learn more about the process, a really good resource would be a YouTube video by Jessica Ortner who goes through the EFT Tapping process with you. You can find that here
And if you’re looking to learn more about what the Emotional Freedom Technique is, the science behind it and more ways EFT tapping can serve you, you can check out her brother Nick Ortner’s book, The Tapping Solution. Also, if you click the product and purchase, I will receive a small portion of the payment at no extra charge to you.
And although the book is great, you don’t need it. All you need to do to start EFT Tapping and for it to start working is to follow the free video I linked above.
4. Ask & Release – Ask God/Universe/Source and your higher-self the questions that you need to know the answer to (ex: what next steps do I need to take in my life/business? What needs to happen for me to move forward? What can I do to gain more clarity?) and then let gooo, take your mind off of being stuck or needing an answer at that exact moment and know that without a doubt it will come to you exactly when you need it to.
Allowing yourself to let go and play and feel pleasure whether that’s through painting, dancing, writing, sex, what have you--- speeds up the process of manifestation and puts you in a state of greater receptivity.
5. Experiment – Allow yourself to experiment by taking action in any direction. The sooner that you dip your foot in the water, the sooner you will know whether or not something is aligned with you or not. Be playful and open to the possibilities, focus less on the outcome and more of what brings you joy in the moment. If something isn’t resonating than move on to something else--- life is too short to not do work that sets your soul on fire, like for real.
6. Declare, Decide and Surrender – Declare where you are in your life and be honest, take note of all aspects of your situation and what things aren’t working for you. Then decide, decide that you will do whatever is necessary to move forward into your ideal life, decide that you are ready for an experience more aligned with your truth, your vision and desires and then surrender, surrender knowing that you have shifted and uplifted and that you will be guided to your next steps and if you find yourself caught in the old ways of being--- acknowledge it and then choose again.